Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Foliage





It's that time of year when the camera travels with me in the car, all of the time, even when I don't plan to use it. You never know when something will catch the eye, a visual or action that is unexpected, somehow wonderful. Autumn's colorful leaves aren't exactly unexpected, but the slanting rays of sunlight can turn each tree into a neon display of reds, oranges and pinks. 


It's a good thing that I am compulsively early for appointments, tending to arrive with tons of time to spare. This day, enroute to a lunch date in Madison Park with friend Mimmi S., I repeatedly pulled into parking lots along the lake shore to admire the fall color and take a few photos. The waterfront drive from Seward Park, my neighborhood, to Madison Park is one long series of parks and greenspaces. That scenic stretch is a visual delight any time of the year, but it seemed doubly so after my recent weeks in Southern California. Here's a sampling of the foliage shots from my stops. (... and yes, I was on time for my lunch date.)
  
This beauty is a showstopper.
Rollerblade enthusiasts chose a scenic route.
Even the stems lose chlorophyl and turn red.
Hot pink leaves decorated Madison Park street trees.

Nature provided this color, not Photoshop.

It's November, but this little strawberry plant is still productive and optimistic.

Pyracantha berries are ready to decorate Thanksgiving displays.


No comments: